Bluefruit LE UART Friend
How to connect a J-Link to the Adafruit Bluefruit LE UART Friend
- Solder the enclosed pin headers to your Bluefruit board.
- Connect a external power supply to the GND pin for ground and 5 V to the VIN pin.
- Power the board. Now the red LED should blink regularly. If not check your wiring.
- Turn off the power supply and flip the board. There you will find SWD test points.
- Connect them to your J-Link the following way:
- SWC -> Pin 9
- SWD -> Pin 7
- 3vo -> Pin 1
- GND (on pin header) -> Pin 4.
- More information about the J-Link interface description can be found here: https://www.segger.com/products/debug-probes/j-link/technology/interface-description/
- Turn the power supply on again.
- Open J-Link Commander and type *connect* , as the target device select *NRF51822_XXAA*, target interface is *SWD*, target interface speed leave default and press enter. Now you should be connected to your Bluefruit target device.