GroupGets LoFive R1 1
This article describes specifics for the GroupGets LoFive R1.1 board based on a SiFive FE310.
- RISC-V is supported by current J-Link models. In case of doubt, please check Overview about which models / revisions support RISC-V
- Embedded Studio Version 4.30 or later
- J-Link software V6.52e or later
Preparing for J-Link
GroupGets LoFive R1.1 does not come with a standard debug connector but populates the debug JTAG signals on a 2x14 Arduino compatible pin header. Therefore, it can be manually wired in case J-Link shall be connected to it.
The following guide will describe how the LoFive Board can be connected to your J-Link Base V10 or higher. Other J-Links might work as well but wiring might be slightly different. All needed information can be found in the probe related documentation.
- The LoFive board does not come with the pin header populated so first the pin headers need to be soldered to your board.
- Now connect the board with e.g. jumperwires to your J-Link probe.
- The following table shows how the Signals should be connected on both the board and J-Link side.
|J-Link 20 pin debug interface||Pin on eval board Arduino header|
|Pin 1 (VTref)||+3.3Vout|
|Pin 4 (GND)||GND|
|Pin 5 (TDI)||TDI|
|Pin 7 (TMS)||TMS|
|Pin 9 (TCK)||TCK|
|Pin 13 (TDO)||TDO|
|Pin 15 (nRESET)||TRSTN|
|Pin 19 (5V-Supply)||+5Vin|
The resulting connection will then look like this:
- The use of the 5V-Supply pin on the J-Link is optional and can be used to power the target board through the J-Link. How is explained in the J-Link user guide UM08001. Alternatively you can connect an external 5 V power supply as well to the target board pin and use a second GND pin for the external power supply.
- Verify the Connection with e.g. J-Link Commander. The output should look as follows:
Debugging in SEGGER Embedded Studio
Example projects for SEGGER Embedded Studio
The following example project was created with the SEGGER Embedded Studio project wizard and runs out-of-the-box on the LoFive board. It is a simple Hello World sample and can be downloaded here: