This article describes specifics for the IndieSemi Realplum EVK.
- J-Link software V6.83d or later
Preparing for J-Link
The IndieSemi Realplum EVK does not come with a standard debug connector but populates the debug SWD signals on a 4 pin header (CON1). Therefore, it can be manually wired in case J-Link shall be connected to it. Apart from the debug signals, the board does not route Vdd (3.3V) to VTref by default which is required for the J-Link. The following guide will describe how the Realplum EVK can be connected to your J-Link Base V10 or higher. Other J-Links might work as well but wiring might be slightly different. All needed information can be found in the probe related documentation.
- Solder a two pin header to J8 (VDD3V3)
- Close the soldered header using a jumper
- Now connect the board with e.g. jumperwires to your J-Link probe.
- The following table shows how the Signals should be connected on both the board and J-Link side.
|J-Link 20 pin debug interface||Pin on eval board CON1 connector|
|Pin 1 (VTref)||Pin 1 (Vdd)|
|Pin 4 (GND)||Pin 4 (GND)|
|Pin 7 (SWDIO)||Pin 2 (SWD)|
|Pin 9 (SWCLK)||Pin 3 (SWC)|
- Connect an external DC power supply to the board as follows:
- +3V DC to "J2 --> VDD3V3"
- GND DC to "J3 --> GND"
- Verify the Connection with e.g. J-Link Commander. The output should look as follows:
The following example project was created with the SEGGER Embedded Studio project wizard and runs out-of-the-box on the IndieSemi Realplum. It is a simple Hello World sample linked into the internal flash.
- J-Link software: >= V6.83d
- Embedded Studio: >= V4.52b
- Hardware: IndieSemi Realplum EVK
- Link: File:IndieSemi Realplum TestProject ES V452b.zip