The J-Link Configurator is a cross platform (Windows, Linux and MacOS) GUI application to configure certain features of a J-Link, J-Trace or Flasher. It is part of the J-Link Software and Documentation Pack available on the SEGGER Homepage.
In most cases, no configuration is required, especially when using J-Link via USB, as it is designed to work out-of-the-box. If required, the following settings can be changed via the J-Link Configurator:
- Re-configuring older J-Links to be identified by their real serial number when enumerating on the host PC (required when connecting > 3 older J-Links to one host pc)
- Configuration of the IP settings (use DHCP, IP address, subnet mask, ...) of a J-Link supporting the Ethernet interface
- Enabling/Disabling VCOM functionality, if supported.
- Updating the firmware of multiple emulators connected via USB or TCP/IP easily.
- Adding a nickname to an emulator.
Configure J-Links using the J-Link Configurator
A J-Link can be configured easily by selecting the appropriate J-Link from the emulator list and using right click -> Configure or double-clicking it.
Configuring DHCP and IP
This feature is only available for emulators (e.g J-Link) with an Ethernet interface. To manually configure the IP settings of the connected emulator, under IP Configuration click on Manual.
To configure VCOM, click on "Enable VCOM" (requires emulator reset)
Adding a Nickname
A nickname can be assigned to a connected emulator to make it easier to recognize. This nickname will also be shown in the device selection dialog.
To configure Boot mode for J-Link, selcet "J-Link" (requires emulator reset)
To configure Boot mode for CMSIS, selcet "CMSIS" (requires emulator reset)