J-Trace vs. J-Trace PRO
We often get asked what the benefits are upgrading from a older J-Trace CM (SN starting with 20) to a J-Trace PRO Cortex-M and J-Trace PRO Cortex (SN starting with 75 and 93). The following list shows the improvements over the older J-Trace model:
- Supports streaming trace, enabling live trace features like live code coverage, code profiling and execution counters.
- Comes with a free Ozone debugger license.
- Comes with a free J-Flash license.
- Higher maximum debug interface speed for SWD/JTAG, 50 MHz instead of 25 MHz.
- Faster maximum Traceclock supported (150 MHz) for even the fastest target devices.
- Native SEGGER RTT support.
- Ethernet interface for easier remote access to J-Trace through a network.
- USB3.0 interface for very fast transfer speeds to host PC for trace analysis.
- Adjustable trace clock sampling timing to be able to trace target devices and hardware designs that are running out of Arm trace specification.
- Tracing on Cortex-A, -R additionally to Cortex-M supported on the J-Trace PRO Cortex.
- Making use of all debug features offered by Ozone.
- Faster maximum supported SWO clock speed, 100 MHz instead of 6 MHz.
- Can be used as license dongle for products like Embedded Studio and SystemView.
Make use of SEGGER's trade in program to get a discount on your new J-Trace PRO model! https://www.segger.com/purchase/trade-in-program/