This article describes specifics for the NXP FRDM-KV31F evaluation board. The board supports different Upgrade boards.
- J-Link software V4.82 or later
NXP delivers this board with already changed XACCH0 value (0x7F). XACCH0 protects flash address 0x0007_E000 - 0x0007_FFFF from writing. Therefore erase / program of flash >= 0x0007_E000 is not possible. Any attempt to do this will result in: "Failed to erase sectors 252 @ address 0x0007E000 (Algo35: Flash protection violation. Flash is write-protected.)". This behavior is expected and influences not the first block.
Preparing for J-Link
- Connect the J-Link to the SWD header (J9)
- Power the board via USB (J6)
- Verify the Connection with e.g. J-Link Commander. The output should look as follows:
The following example project was created with the SEGGER Embedded Studio project wizard and runs out-of-the-box on the NXP FRDM-KV31F. It is a simple Hello World sample linked into the internal flash.
- J-Link software: V7.58
- Embedded Studio: V5.68
- Hardware: NXP FRDM-KV31F
- Link: File:NXP FRDM-KV31F TestProject ES V568.zip