Creating a project from scratch
When creating a new project with e²Studio, you can set it up to work with J-Link as follows:
- Select New -> C Project from the File menu.
- Fill in the project name (eg. 'Test'). Click Next.
- Select the Sample Project as the Project type and KPIT GNURX-ELF Toolchain as Toolchain. Click Next.
- Select Segger JLink as Debug Hardware and check Hardware Debug. Select your target device and the data endianess. Click Finish.
- The project summary page will be displayed. Click OK on the summary page or Cancel to go back and change some settings. The wizard may ask you that this project is associated with C/C++ Perspective then press yes.
Using an existing project with J-Link
If you already have an e²Studio project, you can change it to work with J-Link with following steps:
- Select Project -> Properties.
- Select Run/Debug Settings and the Launch configuration for your project (Normally the same name as your project). Click Edit.
- Tab Debugger. Select Segger JLink as Debug Hardware and select your Target Device.
- Tab GDB Settings. Check Autostart local GDB server.
- The Trace view can be activated in the menu Renesas Views -> Debug -> Trace
- The Trace view will now be the active tab in the list of debug views.
- Trace can be activated by clicking the On/Off button in the top right corner of the view
- Trace is now activated and will show trace data every time the device is halted