Start multiple Embedded Studio instances on macOS
In other OSs like Linux or Windows an application can be launched multiple times per default without any extra steps needed by the user. This is however not the case with macOS.
For macOS you can do this via commandline by using open -n as follows:
open -n "AppPath"
Where AppPath is the path to your Embedded Studio .app file.
You can also automate this with the macOS tool Automator:
- In the menu go to File->New
- In the dialog Application->Choose
- Drag Run Shell Script action from action list into the action pane
- Add the comandline above to the action text field
- In the menu go to File->Save
Now you can use this application script each time and even add it do your dock for quick launching.