Using J-Link on VirtualBox under Ubuntu
Article quoted from Ubuntu Documentation:
Set up USB for VirtualBox
For all supported versions of Ubuntu
sudo adduser USERNAME vboxusers
Logout and login for this to take effect.
For persistent device connection to VM
- Open VirtualBox, go to Settings for the VM, Go to USB.
- Click USB+ Icon and select device from List.
- This will add a Filter Spec to the List, repeat as necessary for more devices.
- Start VM - Devices should appear in Guest OS, and mount or request drivers etc. as applicable for the OS.
- Devices Mounted in Guest OS will be unavailable in Host OS.
For temporary device connection to VM
- Insert USB Device and Wait for it to activate in Host OS.
- Start or go to VM.
- Right Click USB Icon in the VM Status Bar at bottom of screen, OR from Menu go Devices > USB Devices, and select desired device.
- Devices should appear in Guest OS, and mount or request drivers etc as normal for the OS.