Embedded Studio evaluation period error
SEGGER Embedded Studio V4.52c and older had a different license condition than newer Embedded Studio versions. So if you do not have a valid Embedded Studio license you might get the error message:
Error Reported: The evaluation period for this release has now expired.
Unrecoverable failure: The evaluation period for this release has now expired.
- If you require to use V4.52c or older a valid Embedded Studio license is required. Available license types are explained here.
- If you are looking to work with a Nordic Semiconductor target you can also get a free license here.
- To install the license, use the newest Embedded Studio version.
- Install the license with the new version.
- After successful installation open the old version again. The evaluation period error should no longer appear.
- Should the error still appear check if the license installation was successful on the newest Embedded Studio by opening a example project that fits the conditions of the license you installed.
- If the project in the newest Embedded Studio opens without a license pop-up the same project should work in the old version.
- Close the new Embedded Studio version, then open the old one, now the last project you had opened in the new version will automatically open in the old version.
- The evaluation period error should no longer appear.
- Should you still get the error message either the license installation has failed (so try again) or a project was opened that did not match the licensing conditions (check if your license is somehow limited only to certain devices or architectures and open such project that matches that condition).