J-Link Device Policy
This article has been primarily created for silicon vendors. It describes the device policy in the J-Link software. Device policy means, how support for new devices can be added and which options are possible to support different device names (aliases) for the same device entry. In general, device support can be included "public" or "hidden". The latter case can be used to include preliminary device support (e.g. for internal tests or key / early access customers) to the J-Link software without announcing it.
- Shown in the device selection dialog
- Listed in the supported device list on our web page: https://www.segger.com/downloads/supported-devices.php
- NOT shown in the device selection dialog
- NOT listed in the supported device list on our web page: https://www.segger.com/downloads/supported-devices.php
- Can be selected / used if the correct device name is passed (e.g. by customers or by IDEs).
Additionally to this, the J-Link device database has a so called "alias" table included which allows to add aliases. An alias points either to a "hidden" or a to "public" device entry. Devices which have been added to the alias table are *not* explicitly shown somewhere (similar to hidden devices) but they can be passed to the J-Link software (e.g. by IDEs).
The purpose of the alias table is that for some devices, IDEs pass long names which includes for example package information, etc... which are irrelevant for the J-Link software. Furthermore, having all different available package names would overload the device selection dialog. Therefore, those devices can be added as alias.
- Public device: CY8C4125xxx-Sxxx
- Supported aliases for this device: CY8C4125LQI-S412, CY8C4125LQI-S413 and CY8C4125LQI-S422
- CY8C4125xxx-Sxxx is available in the device selection dialog and shown on our supported device page
- CY8C4125LQI-S412, CY8C4125LQI-S413 and CY8C4125LQI-S422 are neither shown in the device selection dialog nor on the web page
- CY8C4125LQI-S412, CY8C4125LQI-S413 and CY8C4125LQI-S422 can be passed by IDEs to the J-Link software. They are internally mapped to CY8C4125xxx-Sxxx.