Using Flashloader with different IDEs
For officially supported device, the flashloaders which are available, are already configured to be used by the J-Link software. Other flashloaders for new devices or additional memory regions can be added.
New devices are always described in an xml file JLinkDevices.xml. If your flashloader package does not already include such a file, check the J-Link User Manual (UM08001) for more information.
A JLinkDevices.xml should be loaded from these locations:
- JLinkDevices folder (recommended)
- The J-Link Settings File directory
- A directory added with the command JLinkDevicesXMLPath
- The J-Link Library Directory (deprecated and no longer recommended)
- The J-Link Software Installation Directory (deprecated and no longer recommended)
If the same memory region for the same device is specified in multiple files, the latter loaded description is used.