This article describes device specifics of Analog Devices ADuC7xxx series devices.
A special reset strategy has been implemented for Analog Devices ADuC7xxx MCUs. This special reset strategy is a software reset. "Software reset" means basically RESET pin is used to perform the reset, the reset is initiated by writing special function registers via software.
The software reset for Analog Devices ADuC7xxxx executes the following sequence:
- The CPU is halted
- A software reset sequence is downloaded to RAM.
- A breakpoint at address 0 is set
- The software reset sequence is executed.
It is recommended to use this reset strategy. This sequence performs a reset of CPU and peripherals and halts the CPU before executing instructions of the user program. It is the recommended reset sequence for Analog Devices ADuC7xxx MCUs and works with these devices only.
Flasher Stand-Alone mode
As described in the previous wiki article, the ADuC7xxx device requires a special reset. This special reset needs to be configured in the J-Flash project when preparing the Flasher for stand-alone mode operation. Please also make sure to use at least software version V6.46d.
- Create a new project
- Select the correct device (e.g. ADuC7023)
- Please note that for ARM926EJ-S cores, max. JTAG speed == 1/8 up to 1/6 of the MCU speed (may be less then 100 kHz)
So make sure to configure a proper speed.
- Switch to the project settings -> MCU tab
- Select the "Reset" action
- Click "Edit"
- Enter "2" as type which configures the ADuC7xxx device specific reset type
The example below is configured according to the step-by-step instruction described in the previous article: