The Renesas RA6M4 series devices requires special handling for the TrustZone partition registers of the MCU. This requires certain HW support which is not provided by older J-Link models. The following table lists the minimum J-Link HW version needed to support this MCU.
- J-Link BASE V10
- J-Link PLUS V10
- J-Link ULTRA+ V4
- J-Link PRO V4
- J-Link WiFi V1
- J-Trace PRO V2 Cortex-M
- J-Trace PRO V2 Cortex
Later versions (e.g. V10 is listed and current HW is V11) will also work.
Note: Models which are not listed here do not support this MCU.
Tracing on RA6M4 series
Tracing on Renesas R7FA6M4
In order to use trace on the Renesas R7FA6M4 MCU devices, the following minimum requirements have to be met:
- J-Link software version V6.94 or later
- Ozone V3.22a or later (if streaming trace and / or the sample project from below shall be used)
- SEGGER Embedded Studio V5.32a
- J-Trace PRO for Cortex-M HW version V2.0 or later for streaming trace
- J-Link Plus V10 or later for TMC/ETB trace
Trace buffer (TMC/ETB)
Example Project: Renesas_R7FA6M4_TraceBuffer.zip